Saturday, September 21, 2002

The welcome party was so much fun. Its definitely true what they say about Japanese folks easing up with they start drinking. My prinicipal was just as talkative as I've ever seen him. I said my speech in Japanese and this time I had it memorized. They were so I'm pressed and so surprised that I had remember it. I was very happy about the way things worked out. We had dinner at this Chinese restaurant that served about 6 or 7 courses including dessert. One course I had to pass up because it was pork but the rest were quite delicious. They told me that they are glad I'm getting used to living and working in Japan. They told me that I understand more than any of the other ALT's they've had. I asked the Vice Principal if I can work out with the students as they prepare for the 11K run around Lake Mototsu in November. He was really excited about that and I'll be going to PE with them when the work out. Hopefully this will help get me in shape for this soccer game in a few weeks. The principal keep making me eat and drink, eat and drink. I had to slow down during the last hour and only drink tea! I know that because everyone was drinking folks were a lot more energetic than they usually are at school but I enjoyed the loose side of my co-workers. After work we carpooled to the restaurant from school and then everyone goes back to their cars and drives home. The principal was so drunk he brought his blanket and spent the night at the Junior High! Off to bed because I have to be up bright and early for Shoji Elementary school festival.

My Speech: Kyo watashino tameni konoyouna subarashikaiwo arigatougozaimasu. (Today, thank you for my wonderful party) Watashiwa, kamiku chugako no minasanto deaite totemo ureshidesu desu. (I really enjoy working with everyone at Kamiku Junior High, you are all very friendly) Watashiwa mada nihonni wakaranaikoto ga takusan arimasu. (There are still many things about Japan I do not know) Minasanto nakayouku nareruyouni iishokenme ganbarimasunode douzoyoroshiku oneigaishimasu. (If there are somethings I do wrong will you please help me. I would really appreciate it.) Arigato gozaimashita (Thanks a lot)

0 comments: