Sunday, September 29, 2002

Good day today. I got up about 7:45 to a sky of pouring rain thinking that soccer practice would be cancelled, but boy was I wrong. I told the team co-ordinator Laura that I wasn't going to play but I did want to go down there to get our kit sorted out and find out what team I would be on and all that stuff. It was raining much to hard for me to risk catching a cold to suit them. But I'm excited!!! We have a good team and the shorts and socks like really good together. Now we only have to find the shirts.

I came home and started reading the first Harry Potter book. I fell asleep after page 10, I hope that's not a sign of how the rest of the reading is going to go. I saw the movie so I know the plot line already although I know the book will be much more specific...we'll see.

Tonight I went to Maman Pumpkin's which is a excellent Indian restaurant with Hazel, Terry, and Chris. It was Hazel's birthday and that's her favorite place to eat. Its very good, but very spicy so I always have to get something off the baby menu so my mouth doesn't burn up! We had a great dinner and finished it up with Indian cha, which is a spicy sort of tea. Its really good too. After dinner, we went to the Sports Cafe for drinks (I had soda) and playing pool. I suck at pool but I'm getting better each time. I guess that's the only way you really learn.

As I was going to my car after leaving the cafe' I saw a girl Nilta that I'd met when I was with Sanae last week. I was waving at her and she didn't recognize me, but the other two looked so happy to see me that I got out of the car and started talking with them and exchanging information almost immediately. The two other people ended up being Aru (Brazilian guy who speaks English just like I do) and Keysha (a Black girl from Pennsylvania). It was about midnight when I got back to my car where they were walking past, and I stayed out there and talked to them until about 1:50am! Nilta actually left about 10 minutes after I met them but Aru, Keysha, and I just stayed on the street and talked and talked. I was quite fun! We have made a date for them to come up to my place and have a sleep over, cook dinner and watch movies. I'm excited about all this, but it won't be for another week or so before they come up. We wanted to do it on a long weekend when we didn't have to go to work on Monday and I think the next one is October 14th. I really hope we keep in touch. Keysha has natural hair too and its much longer than mine so I'm sure I can help her out with braids and stuff...for a minimal cost that is. Aru has many people in his family that used relaxers and knows how to put one in so if I break down and have to get one, at least I know someone who is near me that can put it in!

This has been a pretty good day. I have my Japanese lesson tomorrow at 4:30 and still have yet to write the 1/2 page journal that Natusko asked me to write. I did work on the other homework she gave me though. I will get up semi-early tomorrow and work on it. I do want to be a dedicated student. Off to sleepy land. :)

0 comments: