Friday, September 27, 2002

Mt. Fuji had its first snow of the year last night. Today on my way to school the mountain was visable from lake Shoji and of course I had to stop to see and take pictures. It was absolutely gorgeous. If only I had a digital camera to capture the moment immediately. This morning I braided my hair and of course another uproar in the teachers room when I arrived. I think that everyday the look to see what I'm wearing and how my hair is going to look. Today I wore a brown skirt, cream button down and had a sweater tied semi-J Crew style around my shoulders. Its so funny because its rare that I get attention at all unless it has something to do with my clothes or my hair. Its okay though and eventually they will get used to it.

I cleared my vacation days with my Prinicipal, Vice Principal, and the folks at the BOE. I'm going to Gunma to visit Erica for sure this time!!! Its still two weeks before, but I'm excited. They told me I should drive because it takes 5 hours on the train and only 3.5 at most if I drive. So what I need to do is make about 3 hours worth of good driving music and GO. So, that's the plan. Erica just got a car yesterday and that's great news because she will know some more places to go as opposed to before when she was on her bike. I'm excited about my second trip out of Yamanashi. The first is coming up fast too--the soccer tournament in Nagano.

Saturday we have practice and its actually supposed to rain, but I hope it doesn't.

0 comments: