This morning a got a message from a JET friend that lives down in Southern Yamanashi. She called and wanted to know if I wanted to go to this Mexican restaurant that everyone RAVES about in Fujinomiya, which is about a 30 min drive from my school. I'm always up for Native English speaking company so of course I say yes. I actually know a girl I met at DC orientation who lives up there and I'd been meaning to get up with her since we live so close but the opportunity never presented itself...until today. So, after work I come home to get the directions to the place and start off to Fujinomiya. The JETs from Yamanashi are supposed to meet me at this restaurant at 7pm. So I told my friend Ash that live in Fujinomiya, that I'd meet her earlier to catch up and talk before the other folks arrived. I got there about 6pm. At 6pm I get a call from the Yama JETs saying they didn't leave home unti 6pm and it would be 7:15 or so before they got there. I said that's cool. Well just hang around until you get here. So my friend took my to her apt and showed me around. She has quite a nice place and very nice decorating taste. I was very impressed. She also told me that she usually has a Japanese student she teaches on Monday nights and wanted to know if she could come to dinner with us. I said that would be good. I was also thinking it would be really good practice for her student. So, I'm waiting for the Yama JETs to call me back around 7pm when they should be fairly close to our meeting spot. When they call back, they said it would be another 30 mins or so before they arrived.
Now, keep in mind my day. Got up at 7:15 to get ready for work. Left home at 8pm. Sat at my desk and at the computer from 8:30am-4:30pm because there was no English lesson today and the English teacher was on holiday. Left work after having done absolutely nothing for 8 hours and drove 20 mins in the opposite direction of Fujinomiya to get the directions for the place. Left home about 5pm and arrived at 6pm. Sat around with Ash for an hour and of course by this time I'm hungry. So when they called that last time, I just told them I was going to eat with Ash and her student and then I was going home. You also have to keep in mind there are about 6 of them riding up together and I am by myself. Also bear in mind that a party of 8 will take much longer to serve than a party of 3 and if I would have waited and ate with them, I would have been pissy so I'm glad that I just ate and when home. Their being late could not be placed on any one in particular, but me driving home on a full stomach at 10pm or later is really not what I had in mind when we were supposed to be sitting down to eat at 7pm originally.
We ended up eating at Gusto's which was very very good and our waiter was practicing the bit of English that he knew. Ash's student was able to practice and get in some practice talking to me so that was good for her too. I got home at a decent hour. I'm going to read a little bit of Harry and take my self to sleep.
Tomorrow I start bringing my own lunch to school and I forgot to make it tonight so I'll get up earlier tomorrow. *Yeah Right*
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment