5 years ago
Thursday, July 11, 2002
So much has gone on this summer and there are only 22 days of it left for me. I've been having a very good time, visiting family, and spending time with my friends. My roomate has really been a pleasure--regardless of the rowdiness and occasional GAS!--we have a lot of fun in 107. Thanks Ms. Kitty!! I feel like this summer I have been up and down on an emotional roller coaster and I don't think the ride is over. This being one of the biggest things I've ever done in my life, I think a little anxiety is okay. Tracey has mentally guided me through my M-F work hours and been a big sister to me and I've been her sanity from the insane world of UNC School of Ed. "What us gon' do?" La has helped me through a lot and through it all helping me to..."Celebrate good times!". Da Gangstress has been supportive of all my whining, talking and "You know, I wonder.... "statements. My friends and extended family have been so much to my life and given me so much support that I thank God for them being in my life everyday. One of my biggest challenges is going to be not having anyone really to talk to and being away from my folks and black folks in general. I love my black people, and I know they love me back--Gosh, what are you all going to do without me!?
I've been thinking back through the things I've been up to this summer but I'll save that stuff for the 10 predeparture countdown.
"The sun has gone to bed and so must I"--The Sound of Music
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment