My Granma is the coolest.
I don't know anyone who has a Granma that uses Instant Messenger, except me. She forgot which messenger we used to use and had been sending me allthese messages in Yahoo! but before we used to chat on AOL. Sheemailed me asking why I never sign on anymore and was telling me how she signs on everyday to catch me but I'm never tehre. It was funny to me but when you have a 72 year old Grandm who even attempts to #1. Deal with computers period and #2 Chat on IM... you just gotta be proud.
Speaking of people to be proud of, my best friend is such a strong and beautiful woman. She has had so many tribulations lately though. She can't get a job she wants, her daughter is living with her mom while shes on the grind trying to work it out for the them, the men in her life are shit and she has the worst luck. She just found out yesterday that she didn't get a job she was really banking on and it crushed her. I just pray that she has some sunshine in her life. I'm glad she has her daughter in her life but I hope that she gets some more joy in her life. Its tough when bad stuff happens to good folks. It's hard for me to find stuff to say to her to encourage here because I really dont know any of her struggles (except the financial ones, but mine are for other reasons). I'm proud of her though because she has grown up a lot. She is a good mother and person and I hope some good things happen to her soon. God knows she needs it.
Well, I'm headed up to Tokyo to meet the second group of new ALTs today. It should be a fun time. I'm going to meet up with Schwartz one last time before he heads back to the states sometime this weekend too. I really enjoyed having him here this summer. Its hard when your friends leave but, I have a feeling he and I will stay in touch for a few more years to come even if oceans separate us.
Jah.
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment