Sunday, July 18, 2004

I'm sitting here trying to type on a Japanese system computer and its driving me nuts. I can not find the apostrophe so no conjunctions or possessives which just makes typing a little more difficult because I have to think of other words. piss.
 
Anyway, yesterday I bought two travel books at Tower Records in Shibuya. They have a really great book store on the 7th floor that I frequent. It is probably the most thorough of all the English sections I have found in Tokyo. I got a Frommers Barcelona, Madrid and Seville and a Lonely Planet London.  The  Spain book has really got me excited. Although I read about a horrible incident of racial profiling 2 years ago against this African American musician who was there playing with a symphony. He fit the description of a car theif the police were looking for. 4 cops jumped him, whooped his ass, and basically said Sorry the next day. The thing is, and Frommers also included this, that this type of thing is happening all over the world now. Lots of people are moving around trying to find peace, while others are afraid the newcomers are there to create havoc or bring terror. Its a sad state we are living in right now.
 
I did not think I was going to like the Frommers book before because I had never tried them but they are actually quite good.  They have very helpful check lists and interesting stories from other travellers. (I found the apostrophe)  The only thing I found that seems to be lacking is advice for travellers on a budget (are there two l's in a travellers?)
 
Alright. Time to get dressed for the day, grab some grub and head w/the crew a la playa. (that's today's attempt at Spanish) I'm listening to Launch on Yahoo and Juvenille's "Slow Motion" is on. Good Song.
 
OH, I almost forgot! I went to the Joe concert last night. AWESOME!!! Joe isn't the most charasmatic artist or anything but he sure can sing. I MEAN. Just a beautiful voice. Not to say that he is street trash either. Maybe charasmatic isn't the right word. He just feels like a homeboy ya know? Not really STAR acting, which I like. We met him before the concert and he knows Romy pretty well and I think he met E before, but it was my first time. I had my booty jeans on too. My rear view mirror jeans, that make objects appear larger than they really are. It was cool though. Joe sings lots of lovey stuff though, so of course I shed a tear for lost love. Its still new. But great concert overall.
 

0 comments: