Sunday, July 11, 2004

As you can see from the photos, the Sayonara Party costume turned out great! Aside from the blue wig, which I hoped would have been blond or brown it all pulled together quite nicely. I mean, blue wasn't bad because it gave me a whole look I wasn't necessarily going for but it wasn't QUITE the Ganguro Look I was going for.

The party was fun. The costumes weren't as original as I'd hoped they'd be. There were a lot of women with yukata on and men with Jimbe or male kimono on, a shit load of construction workers, a vending machine (very cute/original), a japanese flag, a school girl, a highway (complete with cars, cones, and REAL road signs), a samurai or two, and a onsen bathing man (quite naked, very cute butt!). It was held at this restaurant called Solar Cafe. Its an organic restaurant with a garden right there in front of the building and even has a vegan menu. It was my first time going there but would love to go back on a non-event night to have dinner. The pizza was awesome and they sell Dr. Bonners SOAP! And all kinds of other herbs (SMILE!). Who knew? Herbal Greatness Right in my own back yard..."Ahhh shiawase"

Ja ne.

0 comments: