Friday night Black Rose Productions (Erica and Mo) had a party at The Nature in Roppongi. The girls usually do the parties on the first Friday of every month but this weekend they did it on the second Friday so it could be in conjunction with Erica's Birthday. At first E wasn't feeling the party as being her actual bday celebration but I'd decided this was going to have to be it because I had Sayonara party to go to Saturday and couldn't kick it all weekend. So...I went a little bit behind the scenes and called in some favors and friends so we could make it a good night for E.
First I called Romy, who helped me with the cake and balloons (of which 1 helium balloon cost about $5!). Then I called the DJs and asked each of them to do a short 30 min or so, old skool hip hop set in tribute to E, cause she is such a huge hip hop head. Then I made the hotel reservations and everything just worked out from there. E, Mo, Ameenah and I were all set to stay in the room (which didn't happen but I'm not even going there) kick it all night and head to lunch the next day. All plans were in motion.
To make a long story short, although I hate Nature, the nite was good. The music was tight. Some of my friends and E's rolled thru and it was a cool little party. I wasn't able to do my "rounds" on the strip like I usually do, but that was fine because I was chillin' with my peoples. I got E a necklace, earrings and a t-shirt for her birthday which I hope she liked. She seemed like she did. It ended up just being me and her going to eat at her favorite restaurant in Roppongi Tony Roma's. After we ate the manager who knows her brought out an ice cream brownie and everyone sang "Happy Birthday". Although it was still about 2 days early, I think E had a good little bday. She spent Saturday with Mo at some club in Yokohama. Its cool to be able to have a good birthday around your friends. It will truly be her day in about 3 hours so until then I'll do the count down to the midnite call. \(*.*)/
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment