Thursday, August 15, 2002

This week has gone but much better than last. I guess its because I finally got my internet in my apartment so I can catch people everynow and then and I've been able to email people so that is making me feel much better. Maybe it also has something to do with this new attitude that Erica helped me realize...who knows I'm just glad that things are going better.

I got my alien registration card today so now I can go get my keitai (cell phone). Mizuki is going to take me tomorrow afternoon. They have this company called AU that I'm going to get with. I saw a phone I liked when E and I were in Tokyo. They have the same one at the store down here so I'm going to see what that is all about. Mizuki has a j-phone with a digital camera on it! I was totally shocked when I saw it but she has pictures of her dog and some owl that her friend has (yes i did say owl...don't ask)! The pictures were so clear and she can download them to her computer too! I don't need anything like that though just the basics...cute ringers, cute color, email and I-mode. Its like a two way. No one really talks on their phones they use them mostly for two-waying back and forth. The best thing about this company is that they have a bilingual hotline for customer service and its a bilingual phone so I'll be able to understand the commands and stuff. This is going to be a real experience trying to explain to them what I want. I'm glad Mizuki can go with me.

My hair is officially off the chain. I've been wearing my hair nets but no one here seems to care. They are cool with it. I don't know if soon I'm going to start seeing my students with nets on! My hair is getting longer and thicker. I know its only been about two weeks since I got it cut but its really growing. My predecesor told me about this Japanese guy in Kofu who does hair at a shop near the Eki (train station) who spent like 10 years in London and speaks perfect English. She said he even has a little British accent if you can believe that. I don't want to real cut, just a trim and if he can rollerset it for me I'll see how that works out. I don't know though, I have to give my self a little time before I subject myself to the Japanese hair dresser experience. I want to be here for at least a month before I have to beat someone down for tearing my hair up, ya know?

I watch the Kangs (Kings of Comedy) everyday! I'd already memorized it before I got here now I sit in my Tatami room (just a name for a room in the house that has tatami mats instead of rugs) and act the mess out! Its just too much. But it helps me laugh which is something I really need now that I've separated from the other musketeers. Ced has got to be my fav though. Someone told me that he is coming out with his own show this fall and I am SOOOOO SAD that I won't be there to see it. I was excited about Bernie's show but he is much better at stand-up than he is at primetime. I mean..Ced this is why he is just my fav:

"That boy made all that money and his curl NEVER (pause) never...quite...it never quite curled all the way over."

"This ain't Chinese, This ain't Tai-quanese, this just straight up Nigga Please!"

0 comments: