I'm back in business!!! Thank you GOD!!! The internet man came today and I officially have access in my home!!! YES!!! Okay can you tell I'm excited! Alright already enough with the exclaimation points.
So, I gave my speech today and I am beginning to realize that I worry for nothing! The people here could give a crap whether I said "Saltwater taffy is my favorite meal" They clap anyway, and sit back down to do their work. I didn't even get the opportunity to do it in English, which was fine with me because the 2 seconds I stood up there was long enough for me. Its so funny because I've never been in a place where I can't understand people and then sometimes they look in your direction or point your way and laugh. Its not a comfortable thing. So what I drove on the wrong side of the road....twice....today....or that I forgot to turn on the blinker when I was making a left into the school yard, or that I drove past lake Shoji instead of making a right (the first damn time I went there by myself) I don't find it humorous at all. (arms folded)
I'm glad I never picked on people when I was growing up because I would feel bad for them right now. I don't think they do it to intentionally make fun of me, but they as well as I am not used to something so different. The people of Kamiku and I are taking some time getting adjusted to each other and although I am virtually the only English speaker in town (the JTE is away on vacation for a week) I am determined to communicate with my boss and with my co-workers! I told my girl E today that I've been going about it with the wrong attitude...the new Eboni says:
"I'm feeling good from my head to my shoes, Know where I'm going and I know what to do, I've tidied up my point of view I'VE GOT A NEW ATTITUDE!"
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment