Senseless Murders
i had to share the comments of a friend of mine. she totally expressed my feelings completely...
"yo...if you get a sec, do a news search (google) for chicago and chatham murders. I love my city by what's really going on? I heard around New Years that a family was killed (father, daughter, girl's baby and the father) on the southside. They even killed the dog. But what I didn't know was that this manhunt they were on, the dude that they were calling armed and dangerous, the most deadliest man in the history of the city, was an 18 year old! I couldn't believe this! The first groups of murders went unsolved. The boy lived next door to the people. Then earlier this month, he kills his father. Next he kills another 18 year old on the North side, injures her fiance' and then finally kills himself after a stand off at this hotel near my Granny's crib. When they found the boy he was dressed in a bullet proof vest and his pockets were filled with bullets. Eboni, he was killing these people with an Uzi! This shit is crazy! Seriously, what is wrong with people nowadays? I feel like a movie character saying this but people have no respect for life. There was another story on the CHicago Sun-Times site about another teenager who killed his grandmother and two kids! I'm not saying that Chicago, or any other place for that matter, hasn't had it's share of crime and violence but when have you ever heard so many stories of this magnitude at the same time? Seems like things are just getting really bad. Sorry for my "in-depth" email but I just hate to hear things like this. Especially when it involves black people. This is some shit that white folks used to do; get angry and go on a shooting spree. I guess I should have learned my lesson after the sniper rampage to never repeat that phrase, "Black folks don't do that." As of lately, it seems that each time I say it, I prove myself wrong."
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment