Last night was so much fun!!! I started out kinda bumbed because I wanted to go to Tokyo for the Peace Rally on Saturday but found out after I left school that I don't get paid until Monday. Finances are usually slim a day or two before my expected pay day so I realized I couldn't afford to go. I had still been invited to this Chocolate themed Valentine's Day that I so inappropriately named "Valentine's Day Gone Wrong Party". And it was only when I got there that I realized how wrong I was.
Sue had invited a bunch of people up to her place, actually not a bunch just 8 of us (and Wendy's dog Uribo) and I was the first to arrive. I walked up to the apartment and was greeted by the smell of citrus candles. This is also Sue's way of signaling her neighbors that she is having company. I walk in and she had little colorful gel candles lining the walk way to the living room. There were candles everywhere you look and everything smelled great! Shortly after I arrived the rest of the crew came in with bags and bags of chocolate flavored everything you can imagine and beer! I had two different types of mexican mole, which is a dish that is made with chocolate or chocolate powder. Rice and homemade tortillas were made to complement the mole. We had chocolate pizza, home made chocolate hearts, chocolate bubbles (yes, complete with bubble wand), and even chocolate cake that was made in the rice cooker! Someone also brought egg salad and avocado salad sandwiches that were cut out in the shap of hearts!! The food was really great and the company was even better. We talking about so many things, had a lot of great laughs, and even had a moment of mediation for peace and solidarity. We listened to old Whitney Houston songs, drank beer, played this card game called "spoons" which is one of my new favorites and really just enjoyed each other's company. What better way to spend Valentine's Day? Just before everyone crashed and we were playing our last round of our version of "Name that tune" I got my special Valentine's call from home that of course made my night that much more complete. Its amazing to me how a 5 minute conversation can put a great close on what had already been an amazing evening. Then the night came to a complete wind down and everyone decided we'd all drank too much to go home so we had a big slumber party.
Quote of the evening: "What does love smell like?"
Reply: "The wet spot"
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment