Bye Bye Geneva.
Tonight I went out with Aki for the last time in Japan. Aki, Keysha, Chris J and I went to an onsen (hot spring spa) at this fruit park up near Yamanashi city which is really really nice. It was extremely cold tonight which is all the more better for going to the onsen. I'm not usually a big fan of the public bath thing like so many people seem to be but I've been having some dry skin problems and my Japanese teacher told me that the hot spring water is really good for my skin every now and then. It acutally felt really good. First you go into this room with a bunch of showers and you scrub really hard. Once you feel good and clean, you go outside to the pools of water. The first one we got in was really hot. It was so hot that I got a little light headed at first but when I started to get used to it, it felt a lot better. Just sitting around talking to Aki and Keysha was cool. When that pool got too hot, we went down to the warm pool. It had big rocks in it so you could lay on the rocks when if you get hot. I felt like I was in the movie "Mermaid" laying on the rocks with my feet in the water.
I'm kinda sad Aki is leaving. I don't feel like I got a chance to really know her like I could have if she would be able to stay around longer. She's been here for a year studying Japanese and its finally time to go home. I think that she got a little sad during the second half of her stay here because she got engaged and of course wanted to be with her fiance. The wedding will be some time later this year I think. Too bad I won't be able to make it. Anyway Aki is cool peeps and she's my birthday sister (we were born on the same day) so as long as I remember my 23 birthday party I'll remember Aki.
Bon Voyage. Safiri Salama. Sayonara.
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment