Saturday, February 15, 2003

It felt so good to be a lazy butt today! I washed 3 loads of clothes, cleaned the bathroom and laundry room, took out the garbage, packaged up my newspapers for burning, and took down my Christmas tree. Yes, just taking it down mid-feb. Its been a long cold winter and I haven't been up for much cleaning or adjusting stuff. I just left it there since Thanksgiving. It wasn't bothering me any!!! It was pretty nice today but still quite cold up in the boonies where I live. One thing I can say, IF (and that's a huge IF) anyone comes out here to visit me, they will get a taste of what the real heart of Japan has to offer. Not Tokyo or any of the big cities, but traditional rural Japanese life. No trains, no convience stores, just a gas station, a tennis court, an onsen, and a Town Hall. That's about it for us! We are situated between two mountains and this time of year only get a good 5 hours of direct sunlight. I have to make sure my clothes get out there as soon as the sun hits them and don't worry about them drying after 3 cause the sun is gone and it becomes cold again. The joys of Mt. living huh?

After doing more than my fare share of Saturday work I decided I'd just watch some TV and eat junk food tonight. So, I went into Kofu rented "American Beauty" and "What lies beneath". I stopped off at a store to get more snacks than I really wanted or needed and huge bottle of orange Fanta. Made one more stop at McDonald's (can't eat all junk food right? I'm kidding of course. ) and came on in to start my Tsutaya Night. Tsutaya is the name of my movie rental place. Doesn't have quite the same ring as, "Make it a Blockbuster night!" but we do aiight with what we got. As I lift my bottle of Fanta (2L,and no I'm not getting a cup, I live alone, have no visitors, and plan on finishing it tonight) and pop open my can of Sour Cream Pringles...Here's to being a single beautiful Black woman and lovin' every moment of it!
KAMPAIIIIII

0 comments: