Thursday, January 23, 2003

Talk about snowing! Yesterday when my JTE said "Do you know it will be snow tomorrow?" I said "REALLY" I had no idea what we were in for. I woke up this morning moving around slow as usual and looked out and almost couldn't find my car. The drive in to work wasn't that bad. The road hadn't been plowed but there weren't any accidents and folks were taking their time. We ended up having a short day. The plan was to leave after the lunch around 12:40. But...the lunch truck was stuck behind an accident on the highway. It ended up geting to the school about an hour late. By then one school bus had already arrived to take the students back home. None of the teachers could leave because the Principal hadn't gotten back from an early morning meeting to say whether or not the teachers could leave. The VPrincipal can say the students can leave but he can't let the teachers go early. It makes me no nevermind, b/c I leave at 4:30 regardless. I hope the roads aren't bad and you can believe I will be driving slow.

As if the snow wasn't enough to rack my brain...I called Keysha and asked her to by my ticket for the night bus from Kofu to Haneda. When she called the bus was already full!!! There are no other trains or buses that leave from this way up to Haneda so I thought I was royally screwed and going to have to drive. Then my teacher found a train in Tokyo that starts at 5:30 in the morning and runs every 11-14 mins that goes to Haneda. The only thing is, there aren't any morning trains that will get me there ontime. So, I have to go up to Tokyo and spend the night there tonight and take the other train to the Haneda Airport in the morning. Luckily I'm a friendly person and made friends w/these two black girls I met at the Earth Wind and Fire concert back in November. Anyway, I called this girl Yolandis who is still living here (the other girl went back...she was only visiting) and asked her if I could stay w/her tonight with a great big ONEGAISHIMASU and she said sure, no problem! What a relief! So now I have to get home rush around to make sure I have all I need which really wont be much since I will only be gone for the weekend. I have to find her a good gift too because she was very kind to me for letting me stay with her tonight.

God is really good, ain't he?

0 comments: