Saturday, January 18, 2003

After all that about how cold it is in my place, I failed to mention that I didn't have any more kerosene in any of the 3 heaters I had. So grudgingly I got dressed and went next door to the gas station to fill my container up. I'm glad I did though, because after the gas man filled it up, he invited me in for a cup of tea. It was cool, he doesn't speak English of course but we sat and drank tea and at cake from about 9am-10pm. He had customers every now and then but came in and filled my cup and another older man who lives in the village came in and chatted with us a while too. Of course I didn't understand all of what he said, but it was good to be and feel welcome among the people I live with. He told me that he was sad I wasn't staying around for more than a year and wanted to know why I wouldn't stay. I told him that I missed my family and Japan was too cold. He was like "Ahh, you'll get used to it!" He's funny. What started off as a "I hate this temperature!" day quickly got transformed. I love Japan! I can be moody and no one really knows or cares.

Off to go skating...ttyl Diary-san.

0 comments: