I have finally returned! After a 3 week, well needed totally enjoyable vacation. The US is the same my family is the same the food folks and fun are the same and I was just glad to be back for a while. My first few days I stayed in RDU area reunited a long overdue flame, had a job interview, took it back to the El and partied Black tie style in honor of the Christmas holiday.
Then I went down to the country where my family lives and we had my brother's wedding. It was ghetto love all the way. Not in a derogatory but you know there is nothing like country ghetto two folks who love each other. I'll not go into the details of the wedding or the reception but I will say this... They seem to be very happy and I am happy for them.
I went to Connecticut to visit fam there and picked up my niece and nephew who I haven't seen in YEARS and took them to see this new movie called Drumline. We had a good time. I really will try to keep better contact with them. They're beautiful kids and of course growing up so fast. Its funny when you are young it seems like you'll never get old and when your older it seems like youth is so fleeting...I know I'm getting to be a senior citizen when I'm contemplating the pace of youth!
It is now 5:35AM and I have been awake since about 2AM. My body still thinks I'm in the US. Its a good thing we have a long holiday weekend so that I can work on my sleep schedule. I still haven't unpacked completely so I guess I'll work on that. I still don't have any water since the water froze in my pipes while I was gone. Well actually it froze in the water supply not in the actual pipe but none the less I have no water and no toilet in my apt. I brushed my teeth and washed my face with bottle water which is also cold because of the temp in the kitchen. My supervisor said they would come back around 9AM to work on it. We'll see how that works out. I might have to go to a friend's house this weekend if they don't fix it soon because I will not be running to the neighbors house to pee and shower all weekend.
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment