Thursday, January 30, 2003

Okay, let me give you the skinny on Okinawa. I was sooo happy to see Vanessa!!!! She looked so good and the kids are gorgeous. They have such and adorable family. So we spent a lot of time on base. We went to Camps Kinser and Foster which are both Marine and then to Camp Kadena which is the Air Force. We went to and bought stuff from the PX on both camps. I went to the base Beauty Shop to get my hair cut which was a relief not being able to do it myself. Friday night we went to this club that was on base and it was soooo much fun!! It was free to get in, coat check was free, and drinks were $2.25!!!! I'm talking mixed drinks, top shelf, you name it $2.25! I was shocked. I spent less than $10 including club and drinks and it was packed and the party was live. So believe you me, I was happy about that. The guys in the club that night were funny. They were dancing and not so much worried about us. We had a really good time.

The weather there was so much warmer than it is here on what the military folks call "mainland". The only problem with that was when I finally got back here I could feel the sore throat and coughing coming. I didn't get a chance to get many pictures but it was nice. Definitely not somewhere I'd like to live either because the land is too flat and much too much wind but like many other places in Japan nice to visit,not as fun to live there.

The second night we went to this place that was supposed to be "the best night spot" and it was terrible. Well Erica had a wonderful time and the music was good. I just felt bothered the entire night. I must have been going through some serious PMS because everything that anyone said to me pissed me off. I didn' t want anyone touching me or dancing too close or looking at me. I was being a really "female dog" and I couldn't help it.I tried to go in the corner and sit because I didn't want to make Erica leave and not have a good time because I wasn't feelin' it but people kept coming wherever I was to bother me! I mean, I know they didn't want anything other than a little harmless conversation and usually I indulge them, but that day was just not the day.

0 comments: