Kyo wa ii ichinichi deshita! (Today was a good day!) School was cool (as usual). I went to my first Japanese funeral. (that's not the good part). My VP's mom passed away over the weekend and they were very happy to see me come pay my condelences to the family. The only problem was, they are buddist, and I'm not sure how their whole goodbye ceremony thing goes, so I kinda stood in line and watched as the people in front of me did it and then I tried to copy. It was a little nerve racking and I probably screwed it all up, but its over and done with and my VPs family was appreciative that I could come by. After that, I went back to school and finalized my plans for my Korea trip.
BB and I are going together. That should be interesting/fun. We had a good time this weekend. We had a little glitch in the Matrix but it really brought things "back to life, back to reality" as soul 2 soul would say. I really enjoy this guy but I have a lot of other things going on and its almost like having cake and eating it too. It feels so right that its gotta be wrong. Okay I'm done with the cliche's but we came to the agreement that the moment one of us feels like it has to end, then we'll end it and hopefully go on being friends. Its going to be hard when that time comes, but we both agree that it will come sooner or later.
I got an email from DK yesterday saying he was just thinking about me and hoping all was well. He'll be back in Japan the weekend of my birthday. I'll be happy to see him. I have a school festival the day he arrives but maybe one of the next few days during that week we'll be able to get together. His ending of the email was "I miss you. A little bit anyway." So I replied to his email and said the same thing at the end. Men are so funny. I seem to always have men in my life who say exactly what they feel no matter what! The thing is, I give them that same shit they give me RIGHT BACK. I don't think he was trying to give me shit, but I respond in kind (most times). Gosh has it really been only 2 months since we've seen each other last? It seems like so much longer! Oh well. It won't be long now.
I have this article to write for CLAIR that is due Sept 12, NEXT FRIDAY and have I BEGUN it . . .NO!!! I decided I wanted to write about JETs of African Descent or some issue related to JETs_AD but I need to get the ball rolling. My writing style is so awful that I'll need to check, check and re-check it many times before I send it to be translated. Then from there I'll send it in. Wish me luck on this.
Oh, about the very good day..(gosh I do get off track sometimes) well this evening we had football practice. I really wish I could play more but honestly today was great! I learned a stronger way of kicking that hopefully will help along the way. Also running around playing a little, I could definitely see the improvement that my jogs in the park have been helping me make. My endurance is no where near where I want it to be, but I'm not coughing and wheezing after running around for 5 minutes. Its more like 15, which is great!!! The only problem is practice is going to be on Monday's and I have this new private class on Monday. . .darn it. My life consists of Privates, soccer and Japanese Proficiency test (not in that specific order) from now until December. Ganbaro! (I will fight)
Erica lost her cell phone this weekend. She called me about 3 times around 5am Saturday but I was too sleep to go pick up the phone. When I finally got up and checked it, she told me that she'd given it to someone in the club when this Lil John and the Eastside Boys song came on "to the window....to the wall". I guess she called herself tearing the club up and not wanting to break her phone by dropping it but ending up losing it instead. I guess she'll get a new one soon, and she needs to because my bday celebration is Saturday night. And I dont want "PAY PHONE" showing up on my phone all night when we are trying to get shit together.
Tonight I pray: for a restful nights sleep. I'm thankful that I was able to see yet another productive day. I am thankful for the opportunity to go to Korea and being able to spend time with good people. Lord, you're so good to me sometimes I just don't understand why. Thanks for another great blessed day. G-nite! Amen.
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment