Yeah! Its FRIDAY!!!! I have made it in sound mind and body from Monday until now and I still feel pretty darn good. I guess I'm excited about the weekend and getting to hang out with BB again. He told me that we are going to celebrate my birthday this weekend because he won't see me on my actual birthday. We are going to see STOMP in Tokyo. That should be fun, but I'm curious as to what else he has in store. This weekend is also a big Samba festival in Tokyo. Erica and some of my other peeps are going up there to check it out. Chiba Mo is back and I think Erica will be with her most of the weekend. BB told me that there is a "Outback Steakhouse" in Chiba and we're going there for dinner tonight. YEAH!!!
I had the funniest experience yesterday in class. I went to the Elementary School that I like the least but still ended up having a good time. I dislike it because the Vice Principal and Principal are just asses that's it. No more no less. The teachers are cool, the students are fun and seem to like me, its just I don't like dealing with the VP and P. They suck. Anyway the 1st grade teacher Arai Sensei is my favorite! I went by her class and one of my favorite little girls, Hina, was in there CRYING. So I stopped and asked what was up. Arai Sensei said Hina didn't understand the lesson so she started crying. Then Arai sensei busts out laughing saying, "Look at her crying. Hina, you see Eboni? She is watching you cry? Do you like that?" I think she had try to get her to stop and to see how silly it was for her to be crying for nothing. And then I started laughing. I couldn't help it. So then she told Hina to show me her picture she made. I was asking her questions about it and she would spit out syllables between her wails of crying. It was so funny. She was sniffling and trying to catch her breath and would say "my sister" or "my father" or "fireworks" describing her picture. It was great. There are only 3 students in her class including her so the other little boys were trying not to laugh to make her feel bad but we don't want her being a cry baby. She stopped after a while.
The second hilarious thing was in my lesson with the 1st and 2nd grade class (I teach them together) one of the 2nd graders Yuichi had to use the bathroom, #2. We were right in the middle of playing "What time is it Mr. Fox?" when Yuichi tells Arai Sensei that he's got to go do #2. So she makes him come to the front of the room in front of everyone and say, "Eboni, excuse me but I have to use the bathroom, is it okay if I leave to go do #2." He got so embarrased by the end of his little speech I just laughed and said "Go Ahead". Then Arai sensei told me that he always has to do go #2 after lunch or his stomach hurts really bad, but he never takes time to do it during his recess. She's so funny!!! I love her.
Anyway, the weather is great today and I'm feeling good. I just had a great lesson with my 1st graders and hope to have just as good a lesson with the 2nd graders and I'm done for the day. Yatta!
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment