Wednesday, August 27, 2003

I'm SLEEPY! I should have started getting up early a while back to train myself for this TORTURE! I'm so used to sleeping in.

Today is a pretty busy day for me. I have elementary school lessons in the morning, then the training meeting for the new ALTs at 1:20, then if it isn't raining I'll go for a run, come home shower and then off to my hair appt! Ryuta (my hair dresser) was supposed to do it last week but he had some family issue and wasn't able to so today is now D-day again. I think part of it not happening last week has to do with this law in my life: If I tell a lot of people about something big I expect to happen on a certain day at a certain time, it never does. I'm not sure why it happens like that. Maybe its God telling me I need to keep my business to myself or something, but at any rate that's pretty much the law with me. I didn't tell many people this time. Actually I probably only told three people. So we'll see if something dramatic goes down or not. I'm definitely taking before and after pictures. Pretty much like I did when I get my hair relaxed in Tokyo last October for the first time since I had cut all my hair off. And of course as if my scalp knows what day it is, it wants to act crazy and start itching like there's no tomorrow. Me and this head of mine. I'm glad I'm not a person who is really big into hair. I like for mine to look nice but I don't really fret over it. (did i really just say fret?)

I'm awful at preparation and have gotten used to being able to "wing it" in class and at meetings. Its like I WANT to be prepared, and I have a few ideas on HOW I should be prepared but it doesn't usually work out with me preparing way way in advance. Like for today's workshop...I grabbed a bunch of my materials from school to show them and I've got some ideas written down. But that's about it. I'll do a little more when I get to the elementary school...maybe...I think it will be fine though.

Today I pray: that I still have a head full of hair by the end of the day. It may sound like a silly request but I was told in my prayers that I should name it and claim it. I want to have all the hair on my head and these chemicals will not tear up my skin or my hair. I pray that you work while he is working hard Ryuta to make my beautiful. This is the first time for him too so give him confidence in what he is doing so he won't be nervous and mess anything up. Thank You Lord! Amen.

0 comments: