Thursday, August 21, 2003

I saw the most BEAUTIFUL thing today....I navy blue billboard with the words "RED LOBSTER" glowing in neon red. Pulling up to the parking lot I felt like I was driving down MLK Blvd in Durham on my way to the Red Lobster there. It looks a lot like that one. Anyway, Charlotte and I met there for dinner tonight. Its only like 30 minutes from my house but its kinda pricey. I mean the wait staff uses the highest level of politeness when they speak and give the real DEEP bow when they leave the table and stuff. Its supposedly a really "Posh" place. Its not a place that you go just to be going, and I don't think it has discount crab leg night or shrimp fest like that do at home. Its very different actually. They don't even have cheese garlic bread! Keysha says that its not even a real Red Lobster w/o cheesy garlic bread. I'd have to agree. I wasn't totally happy with our meal but I did have some interesting shark sticks with batter and sweet and sour sauce. Quite good, but I have to be honest...I was a little worried when we ordered them.

Please tell me WHY I slept on the Justin Timberlake CD. That CD is GREAT! Its my new favorite CD. I know its old as crap to everyone else in the free world but I just got put on. I'm mad at every person who mentioned this CD and never made me go out and get it. *arms folded, lips poked out*

Today was the last day of the Japanese English Teachers workshop. I'm GLAD its over, but I really think that some of the things we talked about stuck with the group. It was good for the new people to interact with Japanese Teachers who they will be working with in the classrooms as well as get a taste of their levels of English, their behavior, the way they lesson plan and such. I also enjoy meeting so many people. I was a group leader for all 4 days of the workshop and that was nice too. I really felt "in my element". I studied communications and people in college so it was strange but I felt like I was actually qualified to be doing this type of work. It only confirms the fact that my college years and degree were not wasted and I am using some of that stuff I learned along the way. Thanks UNC!

I got a phone call from the International Division of CLAIR the other day and one of the PC's called to ask if I would be one of two journalists for this International Bi-monthy Newletter for the December edition. Its 2 pages and can be about anything I'd like to write about. What an honor huh? I was really flattered that they even asked me. Trenya gave me a great idea on what to write about. I'll talk about the JETs of African Descent group. I'm going to start working on it soon since I'd like for a few people to have a look at it before I turn it in to be translated into Japanese. Anyway, I'm looking forward to writing. Its been a while since I wrote anything that would be close to worthy of publication...gambarimasu!

Tonight I pray: thankful for being brought through yet another glorious day. Even when its gloomy outside, I have something to smile about. The blessings just don't end! Thank you Lord for the people who have prayed for me today and for those who have thought of me as a blessing to their lives. Thank you for helping your vision for my life to become a little clearer everyday. I also pray for a restful sleep and that I wake in the morning refreshed and ready to face my last day of summer holiday before school begins again. Thank you for a blessed relaxing summer. Amen.

0 comments: