I was sitting at lunch today next to one of my 2nensei kids who isn't very popular and I started to think to myself. "I really am having some impact on shaping the lives of kids" I mean no where near as much as the Japanese teachers do of course, and I have no problem with that but I think that this is the first time that in my mind I thought about that fact. I was looking at this kid and wondering what he'd be like as a man. I know he takes care of his little brother and sister now because his parents work late at their store and he has a lot of responsibility for someone his age. He's in the best class in the school though. By best I mean most well rounded grade of the 3 that are here. They get along really well and aren't lame like their sempai the 3nensei class. Anyway, just an awaking for me that my actions, my lessons may in some way affect how these kids develop along the way.
I had a birthday!!!! I am now 24! Yeah. I guess when most of the men you date are older, the older I get the happier I am that I don't have to worry about them saying how young I am. But honestly, that doesn't stop anything really. Also when you are 24 you start making a lot of "I'm at a point in my life. . ." Statements. I think I may have said that about 23 as well, but I mean it this time. Maybe 24 is an age of enlightenment much like 13 and 17 were for me. Who knows, but I'm 24 and I love it. Didn't get one present, which I guess may be how it goes down when you get older.
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment