I love Japanese TV. I'm supposed to be studying...I know. But I absolutely love the randome-ness of the television programs they have. They have this one Trivia show, where they have these different Stars come one and they present Random facts to them. I think its called "Heeeeeey". In Japanese, you say "Heeeeey"when someone tells you something you didn't know before or shocked you or...well its tough to explain. Sorry.
But my two favorite trivias were as follows: "What is the sex of the sports logo PUMA's cat?" They called the PUMA headquarters...they didnt know. They went to the zoo in Japan that cares for African PUMAs (not sure if they are actually from anywhere else, ignorance on my part) and asked they could tell the sex of the logo animal. They didn't know either. So then went to America and gathered 6 scientists who specialized in the cats who then enlarged the logo from a sneaker to the size of a blackboard, then actually made a life size scale of the enlarged outline...and after much debate (hours i think) they finally agreed that it was female.
The next was..."Did you know that there is an All Japan Grocery Clerk Conference" And in this conference 23 finalists compete for 1st prize in a "Clerk-off" contest. It was ridiculously funny. Very difficult to describe in English, because the whole grocery shopping experience (and you can justifiably call it an experience) is one that we don't experience in America.
Anyway...not sure how well I described my Japanese TV experience tonight, but hey...I enjoyed it. The highlight of the night is certainly my 10pm date with Sydney and my friends on ALIAS. I really look forward to Wednesday nights and watching ALIAS and tonight was no exception. That damn Syd is my role model. They were in Tokyo for a spell in tonights episode. Her accent was horrid, but who cares...she's SYDNEY for goodness sake.
I'm done babbling. Showering. Washing my belly. Going to bed.
JA.
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment