Saturday, November 13, 2004

First times for everything

I've been here in Kamikuishiki for 2 years and 3 months and today was the first time I've EVER been asked to go for a meal with my neighbor. She's not only a neighbor but the teacher I sit next to and teach with EVERYDAY. We have definitely come a long way as far as communication goes but today was an interesting first for us. I mean, we've gone to dinner with other teachers after school sometimes on the way home from work, but never have we gone out together for anything. Actually, she invited me to her wedding last year. That was cool because #1 I got to see a Japanese wedding and #2 I got to see her in a whole new light.

It's been interesting getting to know each other, learning each others ways and all but it was really nice to be invited out to lunch today. Her husband is so funny. He wants to learn English, but he basically just sat and chatted in Japanese most of the time; when he did speak. She said he usually talks more than she does when its just the two of them, but "He's just like a typical Japanese man" and gets very shy around people he doesnt know well. Funny thing is HE was the one who told her to invite me to eat.

Here are a few pictures from the wedding.

Enough procrastination...study time (;_;)


0 comments: