The WORD according to Ms. E
#1. There is a report from Sports Illustrated that they have a number one ranked 5th grade student in basketball. The article talks about why in the world is anyone ranking elementary school students but alas they are and I along with this sports writer am amazed at how far we really let this recruitment and trying to be the best thing go…only to let kids down when they get hurt or something when there should really be no pressure at age 12 about making it into the NBA…so sad.
#2. There is a group of Iraqi rebels called the Kurds. The live in the northern part of Iraq. The are willing and ready to participate with the US to overthrow Sadaam if needbe. They have male and female troops. They practice for hours and hours everyday and are the most organized troops in Iraq other than the Iraqi army…but there is a catch. They don’t use bullets! “we train, we aim, but we can’t afford to waste the bullets” WTF!!! I’m going to leave that right there
#3. United air is in the midst of this huge “I’m about to go into bankruptcy” thing. Yesterday the flight attendants agreed to take a pay reduction in order to keep this “employee owned” airline in the skies. The only hold out now is the mechanics. The airline wants them to take a $600 million pay cut and the mechanics are basically like, get the fuck outta here with that. Well right now if they don’t come around after the flight attendants sacrifice, the airline is almost sure to drown with a $7 million a day loss because of people not flying…This concerns me greatly because I am flying United HOME!! When Midway collapsed, I had a flight with them too and they just switched me to a USAir flight. That may not be as easy to do with a International flight, but I hope what ever the fuck they do they get their shit together before Dec. 18th. That’s all I gotta say about that.
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment