Snow Day...to omoimasu
It was beautiful...I was on my way home from a wonderful evening at The Muramatsu's House (my Japanese teacher and her family) and in Kofu it was raining. I started ascending the mountain and singing to whatever was playing on the radio and the rain started to get bigger. I wasn't sure but it looked like sleet or could it be snow? Its not even cold enough for snow? But none the less it was and the further up the mountain I got the more snow fell. I got to the other side of the tunnel that leads to Kamiku and it was so beautiful, I had to hurry and get home though, because I still didn't have any snow tires on my car but by this time the roads were still very wet and not snowy or icy.
This morning when I woke up it was gorgeous!! Nothing like waking up to a beautiful snow that hasn't been touched by the world. The trees were so beautiful and covered with snow it was just like something out of a story book that you wake up to on Christmas morning. Well anyway, my JTE called me first thing and said "Since its still snowing RTE 358 is closed so I'll call to see if we have school today" Well I never recieved a call so I just slept! I woke up around 9:30 and called a friend in the states. I emailed Erica and was like "Snow Day! Yippee!" Then started moving around to get my day started, made breakfast and then got a call. It was the Music teacher...who only speaks Japanese and of course I didn't understand the whole conversation only bits and pieces. Then about 10 mins later my JTE called and asked did I have the snow tires on yet. I said no, not yet. She said she'd tell the prinicipal. She called back 5 mins later and said, "Ichinose sensei will be at your house very soon to pick you up. Meet her at the BOE office." I was shocked! So, I hurried up and got dressed and as soon as I pulled on my pants and finished packing my bag...the car pulled up in front of my house.
On the way up the mountain to school what usually takes me about 8 minutes took about 20. I'm kinda worried about driving it by myself. I'm already scary driving with these crazy drivers but add snow and once it gets dark ice and we got some conditions that I don't want to be around for. I was supposed to have a dentist appt today but I had to reschedule because of all the snow. So once I got to school it was already 4th period and I'd missed English class for the day. It was okay because I thought I was having a snow day and didn't want to deal with teaching. Today I have to take the bus home with the students and tomorrow I will ride with them too. Its fine with me because I don't have to use my gas and I don't have to brave the slippery roads.
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment