Wednesday, December 04, 2002

Diary-san I have yet another toothache. Today's was hella bad. I was at the Elementary school today and of course the students were being kids and being loud and I really felt like running out of the classroom getting in my car and driving far far away, but that would have probably lost me my job. I stuck it out and left right after lunch to return to the Junior High in hopes of getting a little peace and quiet but no luck. So I went for the next best thing. I searched my desk for some of that strong ibuprofen I brought with me illegally from the US, asked the nurse for an ice pack, took the pill and fell asleep on my desk with my face on the back for about an hour. RELIEF! The only bad thing is my dentist appt isn't until Friday so I have to tough out all of tonight and tomorrow. Its not so bad when I don' t have to talk much but when I am teaching its killer. I have to administer a listening exam tomorrow but after that I don't have to do anything so that's a blessing. Komatana! The last thing I'm worrying about is eating. I'm so freakin' hungry right now! I have to try to find something filling that I don't have to chew. I lose weight so quick when I'm not eating and that is the LAST thing I want to do. My mom is going to think I'm starving over here!

I'm working on this Kwanzaa lesson with Keysha. She's going to come up to my school on the 16th with me and teach. She's thinking of a dance we can teach them and I'll do my debut on my guitar with a song I'm making up for Kwanzaa to help them remember the principles. Yes, I am going to play my guitar. Yes I am going to make up a song. I know it will probably be 3 chords over and over again, but hey, its a start. I've been slack at practicing it because I've been either busy or had other things to work on like my Japanese studies but my new years resolution is to learn at least the major chords and their progressions as well as a few minor chords. I want to go back to Dustyn and see if he can teach me because I see that doing it on my own and not having a steady lesson set or teacher is not the most productive way for me to hold my self accountable to practicing. I have exactly 1 week and a half to perfect this song I'm thinking of so wish me luck...

tokoro de, today is DAY 14. "Houston, we've hit the two week mark!" Wait, let me not even MENTION the name Houston in light of the Whitney story that has just come out...I'll save that any my other news brief updates for later this evening or tomorrow's post.

0 comments: