i had quite a rough experience last night. when i got
to the airport in singapore it was about 1am. i did
got my bags and went out of the customs area like a
dummy instead of staying in the travelers area where
the couches were. see the plan was to find a comfy
place to crash until the AM when I'd venture into town
and find a train up to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. So, I
couldn't find anything comfy anywhere and read as long
as my eyes would stand it then tried to lay down on
this hard 4 seat row. slept for a whole 30mins then
decided i'd need a plan B! so i hung around up there
til 4ish and read more in my lonely planet guide book
that the first train up to KL is at 642 so i took a
cab to the train station at that time. come to find
out the schedule from the book was way way way old and
the station doesn't even OPEN until 7am. plus between
the hours of midnight and 6am the cabbies charge 50%
MORE than usual. so here i am at the closed train
station at 4:30am (by my watch) which is really 3:30am
here. so i go in an open outside coffee shop (it was
sooo humid this morning) get a snack and and sleep til
6:45. at this time I still don't know the first train
isnt til 915am. i need a shower. i'm hot and havent
slept well, they open up and break the bad news to me.
so i ask them to watch my backpack and i take a walk
out in the city to find breakfast and calm my nerves.
that was nice. great looking city too. i'm looking
forward to finishing my trip up there, even though
yeah i know, i'm just getting started. i got back in
time for the train took my seat and headed up to KL.
Didn't arrive in the station until 3:30 and am just
settling into my room here at Pondok now at 5pm.
I'm going to repack my things, shower and go get some
grub and maybe find some mischief! I deserve it!!! I
also just got an email from my traveling companion
Takeyah and she is stuck up in Bankok and wont be down
here til tomorrow night so i have the rest of the
night and all day tomorrow to piddle around alone and
find fun. YEAH!!!
Traveling alone is different, but cool. I'm sure the
adventure is just beginning.
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment