Being in my home all weekend, cooking normal food, watching US movies, and reading English books, I almost forgot where I was. The security of being home was really starting to fool me, but alas I have my Japanese language lesson today..and of course am about to do my homework now with about and hour and thirty minutes before class. Today is Day 24...I have a feeling that this is going to be a long countdown...
I finally finished Harry Potter book 1 today. I want to hurry up and read book 2 before I go home because I want to go to the movies and see that for our family Christmas movie. Every year we go to the theater on Christmas day. I think initially we did it because just to have something to do so we didn't have to sit in the house all day, but now its tradition and I really enjoy it. Now, back to Harry. I liked the book. I think I would have liked it better if I didn't see the movie because there weren't many things in the movie that weren't in the actual book. It makes me think much more of the movie and want to see it again because its rare to find a movie that captures oh so much of the book. So, now on to my next quest...Harry Potter Book 2. The Chamber of Secrets. It sounds a pretty interesting. I mentioned to one of my friends here that I wanted to read the series and she borrowed books 3 and 4 from one of her Japanese friends who has read them all. The Potter series is not one that I would want to hold on to the rest of my life, but it was enjoyable. I'm sure the children like it a little better. Wish me luck with finishing it in the next 24 days.
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment