I have returned to wintry Japan from the fantastic weather, spectacular views and relaxing in beautiful Thailand. My original plan was to go home to the US for a few weeks during my break between the end of the semester and the start of my MBA program but the flights were FAR too expensive. It would have cost me about $1,200 for the round trip plane ticket alone, as opposed to $500 round trip from here to Thailand. So, being the fiscally responsible person I am trying to be, I decided that Thailand was the best value!
My travel mates were 3 wonderful women who are 3rd year law students in Temple's study abroad program. 10 days in Thailand. 4 grown women. NO DRAMA! I loved every minute of it. Well...except for the extreme sunburn...but other than that, Love. Love.
1 regret: I didn't have an underwater camera to take photos of my snorkling adventures.
1 tragedy: Lost my iTouch. Somewhere during our speed boat adventures and yes it is a tragedy. I had become very attached to that gadget. It was actually my favorite one and now its gone and that makes me sincerely somber.
1 thing I'll probably never do again: Bikram Yoga. Being a yoga newbie and wanting to get in some physical activity while I was on vacation I decided that I would try to find a yoga class in Thailand. 2 of the ladies were interested as well so we decided to look for a studio in Koh Samui. There happened to be a newly opened Bikram Yoga studio right next door to the place we ate breakfast everyday so we decided to go there. FOLK. Bikram is NOT a game. 90 minutes of sauna like heat on top of balances and stretching and lemme just say...its not for me. I got sick about 30 minutes into the work out and had to go get some air and bring my body heat back down to a normal level. BUT being the trooper I am, I went back in and finished the second half of class. I'm glad I went back in because I don't like not finishing what I start, but I'm pretty sure I won't do that again.
1 thing I just didn't understand: During one of our many travel days, we met a ladyboy named Martha. His fingernails were sharp as Genghis Khan and it was NOT hard to tell he was a ladyboy, but folks...my question is: MARTHA? I mean, I've never really thought about what I'd call myself if I were a boy, because I have absolutely no desire to become a boy, but I'm pretty sure that if I did I wouldn't choose a name like Albert or anything old-timey like that. Anyway, it just puzzled me.
1 thing I could have done without: If I never Akon "Beautiful" again, it will be too soon. I feel like that's the ONLY song Thai DJ's/club/bar owners know how to play. It was awesome the first time we heard it at the first bar we went to on the beach, but it followed us...to every bar...on every beach. Enough already with Akon. If they would have thrown in a little Bey or some Kanye in there they might have seen 4 American spring breakers dancing on the bar or something!
I could go on and on about this trip, but quitting while I'm ahead is something I'm working on so let me just say, it was the perfect vacation for relaxing and refreshing my mind and body before this challenge (B-School) that is in front of me.
Here are about 1/5 of the photos from my vacation:
And for a more in depth account of our travels, check out my friend/travel buddy's blog for :
5 years ago

3 comments:
10 days in Thailand, wow! What an experience.
Looks like you all had a great time! I really regret not riding an elephant when I was in Thailand! How's school coming along??
school is tough, but i'm hanging in there. i'm going out this weekend for the first time in a few weeks so im really looking forward to it. gotta keep the work play balance in order! thanks for asking!!
Post a Comment