Monday, April 06, 2009

Stop walking up in my room, Dang!

So, the good news first. I MOVED! If you remember, when I first moved to Tsukuba I was living in this jail cell. It is/was all that you see here. A room with a sink. (Sink not pictured here) Yes, it was as narrow as it looks.



Now, I'm feeling like the Weezy Jefferson! I have my own private shower and toilet, my room is a bit bigger and I even have a tiny balcony! I'm very happy with my new space although it is still pretty small, but the accommodations are 100% better than the last place. So anyway, here is my new crib spot.















Ok, so lemme tell you about how twice in two days random folks have just walked up in my room!

The first time it happened, it was my first night here after moving in and I was putting away my things when my door flings open. I look up and there's some Japanese chick standing there holding the door open, looking in my room. So I'm looking back at her and then as I start to walk toward the door she slams the door without saying anything. Of course I'm curious and a little pissed by this so I continue toward the door and go out into the hall. Keep in mind during the whole interaction she has not said a word. I open the door and she's still standing in the hallway looking bewildered so I'm like "Yes?" She says she was looking for a friend and opened the wrong door by accident.

Ya' know, I'm reasonable...that type of stuff happens. But you open my door, stand there looking silly and then don't say ANYTHING at all? Not sorry, or excuse me or anything? So I say, "I understand, next time don't just walk in without saying anything or knowing where you're going" and I went back into my room.

The next morning, I had just come back from the kitchen making breakfast and put down my food when I hear two raps and the door opens! I'm like damn, its 9am. I could still be in bed or naked or both! This time, its a delivery person with a package for me. Apparently this is very common in Japan. If they knock and no one answers right away, they will try the door. This happened to me before when I lived out in the country but I thought it was just because I knew everyone who lived in the town and the mailman knew me. Well I have learned that they do it in the city too!

I'm just saying Mr. Delivery man...I'll do my best to keep my door locked but on the off chance it isn't locked and you walk up in here on something...well that's your own fault.

3 comments:

Mark said...

Okay, so those situations are a little creepy. It's just and adjustment period. Everything will be alright. BTW, I'm following you on Twitter. Don't ask me why. I still don't see the point of it.

Kelsey said...

Wow I can't believe you had that happen twice! But your new pad looks way better than the last one!

Melissa said...

I think I need you to lock your door!