Monday, November 10, 2008

OH NO SHE DIDN'T!

So, after I finished my post yesterday, I studied for a little while longer and then went to the laundry room to check on my last batch of clothes. Just to set the scene (as Fun Richie would do), our laundry room is pretty small and is made up of two washers, two dryers and a sink. My room is directly across from the laundry room so I hear when both the washer and dryer stop. I had already washed and dried one load and was waiting for a dryer to open up to dry my second load that had just finished washing. To my surprise, in the 10 minutes between when my washer stopped and I went to go check on dryer availability some &^%$# moved my clothes out of the washing machine and put them on top of the other machine! Which, pissed me off for several reasons: #1. Don't touch my stuff. #2. The top washing machine is filthy. Housekeeping sucks here. #3. The washing machine hadn't been stopped more than 10 minutes. Have a little patience.

I went back to my room to craft the below note and went back to the laundry room to put my load in the open dryer and turned it on leaving the note on the face of the dryer.

I came back 45 minutes later to find that my wet clothes were BACK in the washing machine and someone had taken my things out of the dryer and put theirs in. I WAS SO HOT! I couldn't believe it. They had to have taken them out right after I left because they were still soaking wet.

I can't tell you what I did to that person's clothes but let me say that my grandmother would not be proud of it. And after I did it, I put my things back in the dryer, and left both my room door and the laundry room door open in case the fool had the guts to come back to try it again. What agitated me even more was, when I came in there to check on them I was ready for bed and had I test today so I was trying to be a good student and get to bed early. No such luck. Didn't end up getting in bed until almost 2am.

The good news is I DID WELL ON MY TEST. It was a Kanji Test (Japanese characters like this 漢字) for 5 chapters. It was pretty tough but I saw my teacher this afternoon and she told me that I made better than a 90% and she would give me my test back on Wednesday. うれしい!(Happy!) I will have two more of those in the next two weeks as this intensive program comes to a close and I'm confident I will do well on each of them.

I saw something last weekend that I just HAD to share. So I was walking past this park near my friend Keith's house when I saw this pile of stuff neatly stacked in one of the corners of the park. From afar it looked like old boxes and bags, like a homeless person would carry around with them but there was no one in sight except me and Keith. I got closer and low and behold, it was some homeless person's stuff! Apparently after they are done sleeping for the night, they stack up their belongings and go on about their day. There was a futon, shoes, clothes, and suit bag! I was in awe. You know in America, that poor person's stuff would be gone the moment he/she left it there. Either the police would have come to dump it or some other homeless person would be there to snatch it up. And it wasn't just one person either, these are two separate stacks.

Oh, and I'm sure you are wondering what kind of park is this? Yeah, its the best Tokyo can do with creating "Greenspace" (Jody would be cringing). Underneath the highway, they have fenced in and bricked an area with benches and a jungle gym. It's pretty sad, but at least they are trying.

0 comments: