My ERP teacher, Sato-Sensei was trying to give instructions about and no one could hear him because the gaggle in the center of the room wouldn't shut their traps. Sato-Sensei seems to be a pretty strict guy, made it known on the first day that he has no time for lateness or late assignments, but I was definitely shocked to hear him raise his voice and call them out like that. I just love it when folks say what's on their minds around here. Believe me. It's RARE. For that, Sato-Sensei is my Hero this week.
Anyway, in this same class Sato-Sensei was walking us through an example module that was based on a US Calendar which happened to be displaying the month of February and 2/21 was grayed out as an inactive date, meaning nothing could be processed this day. He explains to us that since the software works in real-time, black-out dates occur on national holidays and that its important to pay attention to the calendar of the country where we are working...blah blah blah. All of a sudden he looks directly at me and asks, "What holiday is that anyway? Why do you Americans have a holiday on that day?"
It caught me completely off guard BUT I knew the answer :-) What's funny is, I told him that I believe the 3rd Monday in February is President's day but had to hurry up and double check myself on google! Not like I would have corrected myself in class (being the only American I could tell them anything!) but still, I wanted to know the answer. Lucky me, I was right.
It caught me completely off guard BUT I knew the answer :-) What's funny is, I told him that I believe the 3rd Monday in February is President's day but had to hurry up and double check myself on google! Not like I would have corrected myself in class (being the only American I could tell them anything!) but still, I wanted to know the answer. Lucky me, I was right.
So my schedule is finally solidifying and here's the roll:
My Schedule
Mon - Macroeconomics & Financial Accounting
Tues- ERP & e-Globe Mgmt
Wed - Japanese Kanji and Vocabulary
Thurs - Project Management
Friday - Japanese Speaking
Friday - Japanese Speaking
*Sat/Sun - Business Strategy
The worst thing about my schedule this semester is that I have a seminar on SOME weekends. It's sporadic too, this weekend its on Sunday. Next week, its Saturday. The week after that its both Saturday AND Sunday! *sigh* The bright side is, its only for 6 weeks (the semester is 10 weeks) so when its over 10/31 I'll have my weekends back for the month of November.
BTW...It's my birthday on Thursday 9/10 and my PM class was canceled because the teacher has an off-campus meeting. HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY TO ME!
The worst thing about my schedule this semester is that I have a seminar on SOME weekends. It's sporadic too, this weekend its on Sunday. Next week, its Saturday. The week after that its both Saturday AND Sunday! *sigh* The bright side is, its only for 6 weeks (the semester is 10 weeks) so when its over 10/31 I'll have my weekends back for the month of November.
BTW...It's my birthday on Thursday 9/10 and my PM class was canceled because the teacher has an off-campus meeting. HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY TO ME!

3 comments:
ha @ not knowing president's day. this year i was grateful no one asked me to explain labor day...
happy birthday-eve day!
:-)
sheena
www.sheenasays.com
I recognize that cake!!!
Happy birthday!
It is rare and wonderful when something just gets called out here, isn't it?
Post a Comment