Friends Old Become New
I've re-discovered a long lost friend. In 2002 before I left the States, I was given a Palm m505 (that I bascially begged for) by my friend TJ. I LOVED that thing, and used it all the time, downloaded all kinds of cool games and programs. My life was OR-GAN-IZED. Then when I got to Japan my lifestyle did not warrant the need for such organization. So...I put my m505 in a drawer and left her lonely. . .for 2 years! I was fiddling around in a randome (sic) drawer and found her!!!
I have resurrected my m505. I had to get a lot of information re-synced but my life is on the way to being over organized again. I'm such a electronic games/gadgits junky and didn't realize how much of my memory space is just filled with games. I must just be the kid in me.
Tomorrow is Saturday. I'll be cleaning house and actually getting a few things on my "To Do" list done. I still have yet to tell my BOE about my "lost" wallet or the cards that need to be replaced, but I need to get back to the dentist so I guess I'll build up the nerve (and make up a good story) to tell them on Monday. Planning for London and Spain has been in word only the last few days. I've not had any meetings, conferences, or concrete plans this week so I've been vegging out watching bad Japanese TV Dramas and playing Spades online.
MY BUDDY IS COMING!!! JH will finally get here on Sunday. I'm excited to have a friend from home here in Japan. Some of the folks I met here are cool, but its good to have someone who knows you from "The Real World". I think I've said this before, but Japan does feel real to me. Not even after two years.
Rediscovering two good friend(s)/ships within a week's time. What more could a girl ask for?
Jah ne.
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment