Monday, April 12, 2004

Yatta! Yamanashi is moving on up. My soccer team placed 2nd out of 9 women's teams in the Tochigi Football Tournament this weekend. We did really well. I'm so proud of us. The last time we placed 3rd. This time 2nd we are certainly trying for the championship again!

We played a total of 5 games including the championship game. Scored 15 goals and only allowed 2. The same team that beat is in the earlier rounds, we met again at the finals and lost 0-1 just as in the first game. It was very well played and although we didn't win the big trophy we did well.

So now everyone is siked about the June tournament. Plans to train hard and all, but we'll see how much of that actually comes to fruition. I know I always say how hard I plan to train my body but never really do and get sad when I get to the tournament and can't run around! LOL. All in all I'm pleased with the weekend. I always look forward to hanging out with Yamanashi JETs. They are such a blast. And we have really great Japanese friends that play with us who keep the party jumpin!

0 comments: