Thursday, October 02, 2003

Whenever I sit and think about the things that my family can't do for me that other families can do for them something comes along to remind me that those things don't even matter. . . I've been looking for a winter coat and some suitable casual shoes for the winter as well. I haven't been proper shoe shopping since last December when I went home and even then I didn't get much. Well I found some stuff and I wanted to send it to my parents house and have them send it here but that's just like sending it home so that it can sit there and wait for me to come get it. I was just thinking about other people in my life who's parents would run out and do it immediately. Mine on the other hand, good folks, just can't depend on them for stuff like that. Well in the midst of all those kinds of thoughts my mom sends me 2 more birthday cards in addition to the 6 million she'd already sent just to let me know how special I am to her! :) Definitely lit up my face and made me put all those thoughts away. I have a great family and no they aren't like everyone else's but that's what makes them mine. For their abilities and their faults, they accept me through the deficiencies and triumphs. I love them.

Today I Pray: and am thankful for blessing me with the family that I have and helping me to appreciate all of them for who they are individually and collectively. I love you for helping me to see the good in what may be looked at as not so good. Thank you Lord! Amen.

0 comments: