The war has begun a baby has been born and the world goes on. I walked into the teachers room mid class time because I had forgotten a paper at my desk and to my sugooooi surprise on the TV I was watching the bombing before my eyes. You know I like having access to be able to see what's going on but I sure don't want to watch the blow by blow of this war.
On a lighter note, or what should be a lighter note. I went to the graduation ceremony at one of the elementary schools that I teach at. Unfortunately they were all at the same time so I wasn't able to attend all of them. Graduation in Japan is one of the most SERIOUS occasions I've ever seen! I wonder sometimes if these folks enjoy anything without being so serious about it. It was so funny to watch the students 11 and 12 years old being straight faced not talking or laughing for about an hour and 40 mins.
Now that the war has actually broken out, my mom and granma are scared a little about my trip. I will heed everyones advice and be as careful as I can be.
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment