Saturday, March 15, 2003

Less than a week to go and I'll be on a plane to Korea and transfer there to a flight bound for New Zealand! I am really excited. Slightly nervous, but exicted more than anything else. I have to go pick up a bag from Dave tomorrow which I'll probably have packed by Wednesday. I'm making lists and keep crossing off things because I know I'm taking too much but once the bag gets here the lists will probably go to the trash anyway. I've been trying to wash clothes and stuff but the weather is rainy this weekend and there's of course no sun at all which is really the only thing that keeps it fairly warm around these mountainous areas. I think if it doesn't clear up I'm going to try to make a few makeshift clothes lines in the house. I still have no idea how to do that so lets just hope a little sun shines this way.

My best friend is about to finally drop that load she's been carrying around for the last 8 months! The baby isn't due until April 4th but she has already begun dialating and has contractions about 15 mins apart. I talked to her on the phone last night before I went to bed for about 40 mins and she had 3 contractions during that time! My friend Vanessa who has two kids told me that she'll be having that baby real soon now. Probably this weekend or early next week. Today was her last day at work (Friday for the US folks) for a while. I think she wants to take off two months before putting Micah in day care. She's breastfeeding so its going to be difficult but my girl is finally growing up THANK GOD! I'm glad that being a mommy has help changed her life in such a positive way.

My mom told me today that my niece is in the eccelerated readers program at school! I always love to hear that! With the girls (my lil sister and niece) I never really bought them toys. Always either books or clothes. I guess I really wanted them to appreciate the things that are important in life: being smart and looking smart (as the Brits say) ! Ha Ha Ha! But it really does make me feel good to know they enjoy reading. There are so many other things the can and are interested in but balance is SOOO important! If they learn that early they've won more than half the battle. My mom also said my other niece was I haven't had a chance to see yet is cockeyed! I think maybe its just a weak eye. That sometimes happens with babies. Maybe it will straighten out maybe not but I'm sure she's a beautiful little girl anyway. I think my Granma has some pictures of her. Hopefully I can get her to send me a couple.

Sanae wants me to come watch Sex and the City that she got on DVD at Cacy's place with her today. Kimi will come too. Sana is excited because she'd never heard of it before and now she's hooked! Kimi has only heard about it from Sana so it will be an enjoyable afternoon I'm sure! Its funny because Erica has known about the show since it came out in the US but her first time watching it was here in Japan. She was so excited that she got on some website and found the series sets so she can have them! But its worth i think. Because by the time you rent them all, you would have watched enough and paid enough to equal what a set costs. And since she is going home to "The Chi" next week she doesn't have to pay for shipping!! It will be a fun afternoon. Uh Oh, looks like the rain has stopped, its getting kinda bright outside so I'm going to get busy and do some more cleaning before our afternoon movie session begins.

TTFN!

0 comments: