At the risk of sounding ludicrous, I've borrowed the title of this blog from a saying made recently famous by a former cast member on the Real Housewives of Atlanta reality TV show, Sharee Whitfield. While I don't remember (or care to remember) what she was talking about, I do remember she was issuing a challenge of some sort. Well, my use of the statement is no where near a challenge...it is more of a lament.
I am in the homestretch of this MBA Program [peep the ticker on the sidebar!] and the first draft of our graduation project/thesis is 12 days from being due. My group, the Global Green Team, is made up of 5 other members who are also diligently/frantically working on their individual chapters. Later on this week we will all come together to work on the shared portions of the project which include the abstract, the introduction, the conclusion and any attachments. In addition to the collective work and finalizing my own chapter, I have the responsibility of assisting the other group members by reviewing their English since I'm the only native speaker. This is something I've known since the beginning of the project and is not a problem at all. The problem is, they have me to check their chapters but who checks mine?
A few months ago I ordered a book that was recommended to me by one of my Twitter buddies @slicesofsoup called Edit Yourself and I picked up another called Improve Your Writing at a second hand bookstore and they have both been very helpful. Still, all the books in the world and self-edit does not compare to having a fresh set of "native English speaking/writing" eyes to review your work.
So...I lament...Who Gon' Check Me Boo?
*Sigh. Is it March yet?
5 years ago

2 comments:
You can always send it to me.... I send to be the proofreader of my class as well! Maybe we can set up a trade-off program :-)
BTW - love your ticker! I need to set one up, too!!!! xoxo
HA! that would be "tend" to be... maybe you shouldn't send to me, afterall!!!! LOL!!!!!
Post a Comment